Do you have rooms where the small items tend to get jumbled together, leaving you unable to find what you are looking for? Here is a quick, easy solution that works for any space that has a door. Shop for an over-door shoe organizer that suites the area you want to organize. Most are made to hold 10 or 12 pairs of shoes, and come with clear pockets, as well as a variety of colors and patterns. Hang one over the back of the door and fill with small items that get lost easily. The clear ones work particularly well for things that are too little to be visible over the top of the pocket. The organizing options are endless, but some suggestions are:
- Mud room – for gloves, hats, goggles, sunglasses, dog leashes
- Bathroom – for toiletries, hair brushes, hair clips, rolled hand towels
- Kitchen pantry – for utensils, spices, seasoning packets, cookie cutters
- Arts & Crafts Studio – for scissors, markers, scrapbook supplies, paints, brushes
- Kids’ room – for Barbie dolls, action figures, small stuffed animals, games, toys
- Laundry room – for cleaning supplies, hand tools, extension cords, flashlights
- Bedroom – for scarves, belts, accessories, even shoes!
Obviously shoe organizers are not just for shoes anymore!
They can be found at Bed, Bath & Beyond, Home Goods, Target, Wal-Mart and many other stores that sell household products.
Below is a picture of one I use in my Simpler Life Solutions office:
And a link to a version with clear pockets from Bed, Bath & Beyond:
With a little imagination and a short amount of time, you can take a painless step toward being more organized!